- Regeneron: Landmark at Eastview
- 785, 795, & 799 Old Saw Mill River Road, Tarrytown, NY
- Jan-July 2015
- BioMed Realty Trust
For over eight years, Liberty Elevator Corporation has proudly provided vertical transportation, construction, and management services to BioMed Realty. BioMed offers unique solutions to the life-sciences industry, providing commercial real estate solutions that align with their clients’ needs.
Leading biopharmaceutical company, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is the largest biotech company in New York State, with headquarters centered in Westchester County at The Landmark at Eastview. This campus is managed by BioMed Realty.
Regeneron (NASDAQ: REGN) is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company based in Tarrytown, New York that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Despite its 706,000 square foot site, the biopharmaceutical company needed more room to facilitate their rapid growth.
After receiving incentives from both NY State and the Town of Mt. Pleasant, the company set forth with expansion plans. Two new buildings comprising approximately 300,000 additional square feet will add to Regeneron’s Westchester presence, allowing for continued growth and additional jobs.
The 2 new buildings required a comprehensive vertical transportation package that could meet the project’s aggressive design and construction schedule.
In response to Regeneron and BioMed’s needs, Liberty installed nine new, nonproprietary elevators at the sites.
Machine Room-Less (MRL) Elevators
- Six (6) 4,500 lb. PMHC gearless, MRL’s
- The Freedom Package by Motion Control Engineering
- One (1) – serves two (2) stops
- Five (5) – serve five (5) stops
- 200 fpm
- Regenerative resulting in reduction of energy used and subsequent cost savings
- Two 15,000 lb. capacity MEI geared freight elevators
- Five (5) stops
- Top floor adjacent motor rooms – much planning and work went into the installation
- One (1) 2,500 lb. MEI hydraulic garage elevator
- Serves four (4) stops
- 150 fpm
“Liberty was able to meet our very aggressive project schedule by assisting in the design of the elevators, making sure all of our materials were ready to go when needed, and adding Saturday and evening shifts to make it all happen in time.” – Tiffany Phipps, Director, Leasing and Development, BioMed Realty